Efforts to Outcomes
In July 2010, FKCS implemented a new web-based performance management system for FKCS programs known as Efforts to Outcomes (ETO). Funding organizations may have questions about the introduction of ETO and should rest assured that the new system is secure and will protect confidentiality.
Some of the critical benefits of FKCS ETO are:
- ETO uses a data center that meets federal government security standards.
- ETO is HIPPA compliant and password protected. All interactions are date/time stamped.
- ETO has state-of-the-art online security that will allow staff to interact with the system from virtually anywhere, at any time, as long as access to a computer with a web browser is available.
- ETO allows programs to focus on efforts, outcomes and participant progress as part of a performance management approach to our work with children, youth and families.
- ETO was designed and developed by former case managers, and this hosted solution (no software to install) is supported by human service professionals.
FKCS is moving in this direction for a number of reasons. Nonprofit organizations are increasingly being asked by funders for more information about the impact of their efforts. They need more than the simple aggregate numbers of children served and anecdotal stories on the impact of FKCS programs.
ETO has been developed by Social Solutions, a pioneer in this field, and provides performance management data to a number of nonprofits, state and federal agencies. FKCS alone does not have the resources to develop the tool and provide the level of training and assistance that is called for and so we have partnered with Social Solutions. Social Solutions has a number of clients for whom they have developed successful ETO programs including the US Department of Health and Human Services, Annie E. Casey Foundation, Gates Foundation and others. Further information can be secured from their website, www.socialsolutions.com.